06 February 2013

A few reasons why you might want to consider cast alloy rod holder

A few reasons why you might want to consider cast alloy rod holder

by Robert Cliford

It's actually amazing just how many changes I've witnessed in my life.What's even more amazing is the fact that many of these changes have only occurred in the last decade and a half.And,just so we are clear on this; I'm not talking about things like nuclear technology either.I'm actually think only about my favorite hobby......fishing.

As a youngster I was fortunate to live quite close to a small lake, and a crowd of us would head off there frequently to do a bit of fishing. We never ever caught much apart from a few tilapia, but it was great fun nonetheless, and beside, the ocean was only a short way away, which of course meant we could go there to fish if and and when we wanted.

We had our own tackle boxes and bait boxes; a rod of course, and enough food and refreshments to see us through. Ironically, none of us ever bothered with a professionally made rod holder. Instead, we'd improvise by using a forked branch broken off a nearby tree. Those natural and free rod holders served us well, but lo and behold, we wanted something better eventually.

It wasn't long before we all had homemade holders that consisted of a piece of hollow tubing welded onto a sharpened steel spike, bearing in mind that we needed to drive them into hard ground. While they certainly did the job they were designed for; they were a nightmare because the rust would discolor everything, and being made from from steel, they were also rather heavy.

These days, I see anglers with with amazing looking <a href="http://menacemarine.com.au/">cast alloy rod holders</a>. Obviously I had to have one as well, and I wasn't willing to wait either. Let' just say, I couldn't hope to describe all the various alloy rod holders I've seen. I also know that it's only when you're out fishing off a boat, that you well and truly appreciate these cast alloy rod holders.

I can't afford a boat of my own so I can only tell you what some of my friends say, and that is: they wouldn't even consider using anything other than <a href="http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Few-Reasons-Why-You-Might-Want-to-Consider-a-Cast-Alloy-Rod-Holder&id=7482202">alloy rod holders</a>. While many boat owners/anglers won't admit it, the biggest attraction is that these holders won't leave unsightly stain on their boat.

Alloy rod holders are incredibly durable, and on top of that, they also look very good. After all, they been designed by fellow anglers, and no angler wants to risk losing a good catch if they don't have to. You'll also find that most are designed to hold fishing rods at the idea angle. Essentially speaking, you don't want your line too far from the side of the boat, but you also don't want it to get caught in the propellers.

Some of the better ones will also include a safety clip. These make it virtually impossible for rods to be pulled out of the holder in the event that a particularly large fish is hooked. You might even find a holder that includes a "bite alarm" which in turns means you'll always know when you've hooked something.

I don't often get out on a boat to do some fishing, but yes, I'll admit it.......I do own a few good alloy rod holders myself. Considering that I've been fishing since I was just a young boy, I think I also deserve a few of the finer things in life. If you've never looked into getting some of these holders, I honestly recommend that you do. Regardless of what you decide to do, I can only wish you the best of luck in landing the biggest fish of your life.



Click here for more info on <a href="http://menacemarine.com.au/">http://menacemarine.com.au</a> Or visit their website at: <a href="http://menacemarine.com.au/info/contact-us/">Menace Marine</a>

---------------------------------------------------
You are receiving this because you signed up for it on 2012-04-22 from IP 114.79.13.119
To fine-tune your selection of which articles to receive, just login here:

http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/bloggers/

using your username:

To unsubscribe please use the following link:

http://www.uniquearticlewizard.com/unsubscribe.php?mail=wisatanusantara3.alankoesumah@blogger.com&code=d48035f43fb1db56998290ec5232b52c
---------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment